Tu Trinh Vu
First Letter to Employees
March 26th, 2020
A letter to our valued employees:
We understand the global concerns regarding the COVID-19 outbreak in the world today. The health and well-being of our customers, employees, fishermen, and community members are at the forefront of our minds. We hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, and inside.
As of today, Camtu’s Alaska Wild Seafoods plans to buy fish and carry out salmon production, if it is lawfully possible by May. We will proceed with operations for the 2020 season. We are excited to continue offering a great salmon market and jobs to the Alaskan workforce. We appreciate every employee’s contribution to the great seafood industry.
Due to the COVID-19 situation this year, we will be doing operations differently with extra caution. We wanted to provide you safety tips from the World Health Organization to ensure your journey up to Alaska is safe.
Whether you will be traveling up here for work or live in Cordova, we urge all employees to be diligent in following the following procedures:
· Make sure all persons traveling to locations reporting COVID-19 are briefed of a qualified professional, such as staff health services, health care provider, or local public health partner.
· Obtain a small bottle of alcohol-based hand rub/sanitizer. This can facilitate regular handwashing.
· Be vigilant of your surroundings and others.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Stay one meter away from people who are coughing or sneezing.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and anywhere on your face.
· Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning wipe.
· Comply with instructions from local authorities where you are traveling.
The Camtu’s Alaska Wild Seafoods team is diligently working on methods to prevent the spread of the virus and prioritizing the safety and well-being of each employee here in the workplace. If conditions are the same or worsened around May, please note a few procedures to be implemented in response to the outbreak:
· COVID-19 Health and safety packets and training to all employees
· Active monitoring where COVID-19 is circulating
· Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures
· Communication channels with public health centers for medical advice and procedures
· Self-quarantine procedure for traveling employees
Most importantly, it is government mandate for all individuals arriving into Alaska to self-quarantine for 14 days. Therefore, all employees must arrive to the plant and bunkhouse at least 2 weeks before the season begins. Once you arrive to Cordova, please be prepared for an immediate quarantine procedure by bringing entertainment materials and any personal disinfection supplies. We will provide instructions and training/guidance packets in the bunkhouse regarding this self-isolation period. It is critical that all employees read and understand all the information in this packet that we will provide.
Thank you for your time and interest in Camtu’s Alaska Wild Seafoods. If you have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help anytime.
Tu Trinh Dillon
Office and Operations Manager
Camtu’s Alaska Wild Seafoods